Hydraulic Side Action
Instron® hydraulic side-acting grips provide an innovative solution for high-capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability, and operator safety over traditional grip designs. These advanced grips maintain a constant clamping force on the specimen that acts perpendicular to the direction of testing and is independent of tensile loading.
Principe de fonctionnementInstron’s dual side-acting grips incorporate our latest DuraSync™ technology. This self-centering mechanical synchronizer (patent pending) provides many improvements over hydraulic or mechanical rack and pinion designs commonly found in the marketplace.
- Side-load dampening reduces the risk of grip damage when testing slightly bent or irregularly shaped specimens such as rebar or wire rod
- Opposing jaw faces repeatedly self-center during specimen clamping reducing testing time and eliminating the need to re-synchronize the grip faces between tests
- The synchronizer is located outside the gripping pocket preventing mechanical failure due to contamination
- Tensile tests on a wide range of materials including: steel rod and plate, machined rounds and flats, reinforcement bar, 3- and 7-wire strand, conveyor belt, and wood products
- Tension-tension cyclic tests
- Compression testing using optional secondary loadstring adapter
- Low-frequency, thru-zero cyclic testing with thru-zero support option
- Note: For static electromechanical systems, a low-pressure, standalone pump is required.
|Single Side Acting Hydraulic Grips; 600kN||W-5400|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 600kN||W-5410|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Actng Grips (Premium), 600kN||W-5420|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 1500 kN||W-5430|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 2000 kN||W-5440|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 250kN||W-5450|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips 1000kN||W-5460|